1. First we will have you fill out our Family Application. You will make your own Family profile as well as request any jobs you are looking to fill (both for childcare and/or organizing and household help) . Within 1-2 business days, you will receive an email to set up a call to further discuss your needs.
2. We will send you our Heart & Co./ Client Agreement for your review. Once you return a signed copy online, we will set up a time for a phone interview to get a better sense of your needs and answer any questions you have.
For Nanny/ Babysitting Positions:
3. We begin a tailored search process for your family, including selecting from our pool of pre-screened nanny candidates and conducting targeted searches for additional candidates. We send you the nanny candidates' files and help you decide which candidates to interview. You can choose all of your preferred interview times directly online.
4. After you have completed your phone interviews, we solicit feedback from you and the nanny candidates to help you evaluate your options. We can then talk through which nannies you would like to schedule an in-person interview with. Again we will talk through how those interviews went with both you and the nannies.
5. When you are ready to make an offer, we help you with the terms and process.
6. Once you have made an offer, we run a background check on the nanny you have selected. The background check includes: criminal background checks, social security and driving record checks. We provide you with all of the completed background checks for your review. All of the nannies references will also be called at this time.
7. We provide you with a sample contract that will govern your employment relationship with the nanny and assist you with finalizing the contract.
8. Once you and the nanny execute the contract, the placement fee is due to Heart and Company.
9. We proudly partner with HomePay, Provided by Breedlove to simplify the HR aspects of being a household employer (payroll processing, tax filing and labor law compliance). As the nation’s leading household payroll & tax specialist, HomePay has eliminated work, worry, and risk for families employing a caregiver for over 25 years. To learn more about HomePay’s guaranteed service, feel free to visit their website.
9. Throughout the course of the nanny’s employment, we are there as a resource to you and the nanny. Should you need any coaching, assistance in communicating with one another or other support, we are ready to help!